Read this well thought out article by David Elliot.
8 Essential Reasons to Choose a Vacation Rental Over a Hotel
There is no doubt that staying in a hotel whilst on vacation can be the height of luxury and relaxation, but it can also offer regimentation and tension. You have to watch the clock to make the times for food; listen out for housekeeping; hand in your keys to reception every time you leave the building. Is this really relaxation? Maybe it is time you thought about renting a holiday home next time you go on vacation. Holiday homes are no longer wooden chalets on a self sufficient site, they offer varied standards of accommodation depending on your budget. They can provide high standards of comfort at lower prices, along with the additional benefits of privacy, freedom and the ability to choose your own meal times and food.
Do you need more reasons why you should choose a holiday home rental over a hotel for you next vacation, well here are some.
1. When renting a holiday apartment you will find you have a lot more privacy and freedom than you will ever get in a hotel room. The time is yours to do with what you want, no fixed meal times and no having to worry when housekeeping are going to turn up at your door.
2. Over the years the spread of the multi-national hotels all over the world means that all hotels are beginning to look the same. Regulation style rooms, Cable TV, staff wearing the same uniform; when you move about the hotel it would not matter if you were on the French Riviera or on the Moon, everything would be standard. A holiday rental apartment can offer you the experience of living exactly like the locals. If you want that extra bit of luxury then you have the option to choose a rental with a swimming pool or BBQ patio just for you and your family, can a hotel offer you that.
3. If you enjoy taking your vacation with friends or your extended family then staying in a holiday rental is the most practical option, everyone can share the costs as vacation rental apartments charge a flat fee for the apartment, it is not calculated by the number of occupants. Therefore, you save money on what you would spend on hotel rooms. That means more money to spend on enjoying yourself.
4. Are you taking children with you on holiday who are too old to share a room with each other or with you? Well a holiday rental means that you do not have to worry them being in another room, and all the going between the rooms to find out what is happening. Your holiday rental would be like a second home, everybody in one exclusive area but being able to enjoy their own space.
5. Most holiday apartments offer fully equipped kitchens. This gives you the freedom of choice on whether to eat in the apartment or go and sample the local cuisine. This can save a lot of money when you have the whole family to feed. In a hotel you are likely to end up paying for food you do not eat, because there will be the days, after a day in the sun on the beach, or walking around all the local attractions, you will not feel like making yourself look respectable in order to share a meal time with a hundred strangers eating food you do not feel like eating.
6. The best thing about vacation rental apartments is that you will feel like it is yours exclusively for the duration. You decide when and what you eat, you decide who you meet, who you share the pool with, it is all yours. But this does bring with it the day-to-day chores you find at home, but what better way to mix in with the whole ambience of the region you are in, meet the locals, buy local food from local shops, drink in local bars. This must be more appealing than the sterile atmosphere of a hotel.
7. When selecting your holiday apartment the options are endless, do you want a cottage or a castle, are you on a budget or are you looking for that luxury villa you always dream about.
8. Can't you just picture yourself now, walking out of your apartment, stepping onto your patio to sit by your pool with a glass of your local wine you bought and poured yourself? Can any holiday hotel offer you that?
David Elliot writes for TravelEden, a website providing listings for bed and breakfasts, apartments, farmhouses and self catering holiday villas in Europe.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=David_Elliot
Find more vacation rentals by owner worldwide on Ideal Vacation Rentals